Change text size A A A
Welcome to Brown’s Pharmacy in Perth, your trusted partner in keeping you and your community healthy. As flu season approaches, we are delighted to offer our Private Flu Vaccination Service to help protect you and your loved ones from influenza in 2023/24. Our experienced team of healthcare professionals is committed to providing you with safe and convenient access to the flu vaccine.
Influenza, often called the flu, is a contagious respiratory illness that can lead to serious complications, especially in vulnerable populations such as the elderly, young children, and individuals with certain medical conditions. By getting your flu vaccination, you can:
At Brown’s Pharmacy, we’ve streamlined the vaccination process to make it as simple and convenient as possible:
Our Private Flu Vaccination Service is available to most individuals, including:
The Flu Vaccine we will be administering is called Quadrivalent Influenza Vaccine (split virion, inactivated), suspension for injection by Sanofi Pasteur. None of the ingredients in the vaccine can cause flu. The vaccine is intended to protect you against the four strains of virus contained in the vaccine about 2 to 3 weeks after the injection. The vaccine will not protect you against the common cold, even though some of the symptoms are similar to flu. You can read the patient information leaflet here which also lists the side effects. The most common are:
• Headache, muscular pain (myalgia), generally feeling unwell (malaise), pain at the injection site.
• Fever, shivering, reactions at the injection site: redness (erythema), swelling, hardness (induration).
Most adults can have the flu vaccine, but you should avoid it if you’ve had a serious allergic reaction to a flu vaccine in the past, or if you are allergic to any of the vaccine ingredients.
You may be at risk of an allergic reaction to the flu vaccine if you have an egg allergy. This is because some flu vaccines are made using eggs. It’s important that you tell the person giving you your vaccine if you have an egg allergy or if you’ve ever had a serious allergic reaction to a flu vaccine.
The cost per person of our flu vaccination service is £17.
Don’t wait until flu season is in full swing. Protect yourself and your community by scheduling your private flu vaccination appointment today. Use our online booking form to secure your spot.
To prevent you from having to wait outside the Pharmacy please present no more than 5 minutes before your appointment time. Please also consider your clothing to allow easy access to the top of your arm.
1. Click Book now above.
2. Click on date for booking.
3. Click on one of the 5-minute time slots available
4. Click on “Please select your service” and choose flu vaccination.
5. Ensure you answer every single question in the form (the questions with a * next to them must be completed for the form to be completed successfully.
6. Scroll down until you see “Book now” button. If you are unable to click this, you must have missed out one of the required questions or not clicked on a date and time or service.
7. Once you have clicked Book Now you should see a message “Flu Vaccination has been added to your cart” and click on Confirm booking.
8. If this does not appear scroll down to see any error messages and complete missing questions.
9. You will now see your Basket and can check the information provided is correct.
10. If correct click “Proceed to Checkout”
11. You will see “Billing Details”. Enter email address and scroll down and click “Confirm
12. You should see Order Received and Order Details
13. You should receive an email confirmation of your booking
14. If you are having problems with the booking form please phone our pharmacy team
on 01738 443667.
01738 443 667
For high quality, independent pharmacy services, call us now
Prescription collection & local delivery
Registered premises of the